I have 1,564 followers on Twitter. I wanted to do a massive project to learn more about everyone. (Some are people I’m very good friends with, some are people I work with, and some are people I’ve never met before in my life.)
My first idea was to take a portrait of each follower. But then Sebastian suggested asking each of my Twitter followers for a postcard instead. This is a much easier project, given continental drift and my small public radio salary.
I will document the postcards on this blog and in my new apartment, where they will be strung around the walls. I bought a PO Box this afternoon and plan to go to the post office after work today, to show the necessary forms of ID and get this party started.
I’m very excited to see how we can use an ephemeral medium to create something that extends well beyond the Internet.
- esosique reblogged this from twitterpostcardproject and added:
- christopherasnider reblogged this from twitterpostcardproject
- alauraborealis likes this
- alauraborealis reblogged this from twitterpostcardproject and added:
- valkyrieny likes this
- twitterpostcardproject posted this